The Dr. Seuss Web Page


Advertisements

The Dr. Seuss Web Page


http://www.seuss.org/ >view story

A long time ago (around 1994 or so) I went looking for information about Dr. Seuss on the net. I was expecting to find a lot; after all, he seemed like a natural subject for people to create pages about.

I didn't find any.

So, in a fit of despair, disappointment and desperation, I set about creating one. I gathered together a few parodies I found on the net, copied in all the entries from the current Books in Print did a couple of searches in the Internet Movie Database, and put it all in one place. This inspired people to do two things. 1) Send me email thanking me for having this page, and 2) Inspired them to create their own Dr. Seuss pages, having seen how empty mine were.

Move to 1997. There are a number of Dr. Seuss sites out there. Some good, some bad, some official, some not. Mine still seems to be the only one with parodies on it, but y'know, that's not saying much these days. So, in a fit of frustration, and after-work energy, I go about re-vamping the pages.

And then 1998 came along, wherein our hero realized how much work keeping these pages up to date really is. Slowly but surely, the site is changing...
Welcome to The Dr. Seuss Web Page, Mark II.5
Here's a sort-of table of contents.

1. List of Dr. Seuss books, videos, etc and the ability to buy them.
2. Dr. Seuss parodies.
3. A really incomplete biography of Theodor Seuss Geisel.
4. Dr. Seuss goes to the movies.
5. Other Dr. Seuss links. Although I don't know why you'd want to go anywhere else...
6. The original BIP page. Considering how long it took to type in, I'm not letting go of it.
7. What's new on these pages, and in the world of Seuss.
8. The words to "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch".
9. Read Across America. This event, designed to encourage kids to read, is a good and noble thing. Check it out, and see how you can help.
...

0 comments:

Post a Comment